Mbali Nwoko is the CEO of Green Terrace (Pty) Ltd which is an agribusiness based in Boksburg, Johannesburg that farms high-value vegetable crops namely Green Peppers, Baby Marrows and Green Beans and supplies to leading retailers and processing companies throughout South Africa.
Mbali is an ardent entrepreneur and prior to establishing her agribusiness, she previously co-owned a successful headhunting talent organization named ClientScape (Pty) Ltd for 3 years which niched in headhunting professional engineers and artisans for the manufacturing, engineering and chemical companies.
Mbali is a BCom Industrial Psychology graduate from the University of Johannesburg (Kingsway Campus) and further studied her MBA with Regenesys Business School, however, due to business demands, she put her studies on hold to focus on building her farm enterprise. She is currently completing a business course at the Gordon Institute of Business Science (GIBS) sponsored by J.P Morgan.
In addition to being featured on a number of radio interviews and other media houses, below are some of the highlights of her career/business achievements:
• 702 Small Business Awards with Sage One Finalist – 2014: ClientScape
• 702 Small Business Awards with Sage One Finalist – 2017: Green Terrace
• Women in Agri feature on True Love Magazine July Issue – 2018
• Featured on Rapid Learning Africa in July 2018
• Film feature in the Nation in Conversation Series and Drum Magazine – 2018
• Omnia Farmer of the Year for the Highveld Region, Finalist, 2018
• New Farmer Feature on Farmers Weekly Magazine – Aug 2018
• Nominated by the Agricultural Writers SA for Female Farmer of the Year for 2018
• Mail and Guardian Women Changing South Africa – Aug 2018